- Barbed Wire is a defensive structure that can appear on high-end Operations.
- Any troops walking in Barbed Wire will have their movement speed reduced by 75% and slowly lose health.
- Barbed Wire has a base damage per second value of 80, and can be increased by Ice Statues.
- Barbed Wire is an invincible structure; no Troops, Gunboat Weaponry, Hero Abilities or Sabotage can damage or destroy the fence.
- Do not attempt to use Barrage or Artillery to destroy the fence, as it is indestructible.
- When possible, find different routes that avoid barbed wire when using highly vulnerable troops, such as Zookas.
- If you have to go through the Barbed Wire, consider using higher-health Troops, accounting for the damage they will be dealt while passing through the wires.
- If there is only a single row of fencing in a select area that must be crossed to carry on an attack, place Medkits on the Barbed Wire as Troops pass through. Examine the heal per second of your Medkit and ensure you have enough Gunboat energy before attempting, as having a net loss could result in a failed attack.
- Barbed Wire typically only appears in the highest level Operations (Deep Cut and above), but it formerly appeared in the base named "Strange Attractors" all the way down to the Mambo Operation. Subsequently, the Barbed Wire was removed from the base.
- The real-world barbed wire was invented by Michael Kelly in 1868 but was improved significantly by Joseph F. Glidden who received a patent for the modern version of it in 1874.
- It is extremely ironic that Tanks, Scorchers and Mechs take damage from them, considering that Mechanized Units are supposed to counter them.
- It is the only damaging building that cannot be destroyed.
- Troops that come in contact with the Barbed Wire will turn a bluish tint until they cease taking damage from the fence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.