- The Cryobombardier is a Prototroop that throws ice bombs at enemy buildings from a very long range. Buildings hit by the bomb are slowed down.
- The Cryobombardier is unlocked for players who have an Armory level of 13 or above and starts 1 level below the Armory level. It can be upgraded using Proto Tokens gained from events.
- A Cryobombardier costs 1 Gunboat Energy to deploy.
- The Cryobombardier appears similar to a Bombardier, except having icicles on his beard and snow on his helmet and body.
- The Cryobombardier provides an alternative to the Cryoneer or Bombardier, combining their abilities.
- Like Cryoneers, they often spread out and target in a way as to maximize the number of frozen buildings, switching between targets that are directly in front of them. However, their ice bombs only affect one target at a time, unlike the Cryoneer's beams which can freeze multiple buildings in a line.
- The Cryobombardier still does high damage per second, but not as high as the normal Bombardier. Also, their slightly different AI (and slightly lower health) means they can be slightly more vulnerable than normal Bombardiers.
- Cryobombardiers are very fragile and taken out easily by most defenses. However, they can outrange most defenses, including the Sniper Tower.
- Boom Cannons, Rocket Launchers, and most Prototype Defenses pose a threat to exposed Cryobombardiers.
- Cryobombardiers' slowing effect can be used in conjunction with troops that have the potential to deal more damage, such as the Zooka. They can work well with Tanks, Grenadiers and other Bombardiers.
- Placing non-defensive buildings can distract Cryobombardiers from targeting and slowing down defensive buildings.
- Several Prototype Defenses can work well against the Bombardier:
- The Shock Blaster, Lazor Beam, Doom Cannon and Grappler can all easily reach Bombardiers. In the first three cases, Bombardiers can be finished off quickly by the prototype, while the Grappler can nullify the Bombardiers' range advantage by pulling them close. However, in cases where the Bombardiers are backed by meat shields, the Lazor Beam will typically be the only prototype that can consistently hit them.
- The Hot Pot and Boom Surprise are largely immune to the Bombardier's range advantage due to their nature of hiding until enemies are close, and thus can also make good choices. However, in cases where the Bombardiers are backed by meat shields, both prototypes can be distracted easily.
- S.I.M.O.s are an excellent prototype choice to defend against Bombardiers, as they will target Bombardiers in the absence of Critters or other low-health distractions.
- Note that the Bombardier can outrange both the Microwav'r and Flotsam Cannon, though in the latter case the death damage can be useful to finish off Bombardiers if the attacker is not paying attention.
|Unit Size||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Attack Range||Headquarters Level Required|
|8||15m||Medium / ?||2.2s||Very long / ?||14|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.