- The Cryoneer is unlocked at Headquarters level 20, making it the ninth troop to unlock.
- Cryoneers fire lightly-damaging ice beams which slows down defenses and troops struck.
- They don't damage troops.
- The ice effect slows down the target's attack speed by 50%. It wears off after some time or if the target is struck by incendiary weapons.
- Cryoneers will spread themselves out to cover as many targets as possible, and they will periodically switch targets in battle, similar to the Scorcher.
- Due to their low damage per second, they are not recommended to be used alone. Combine them with Zookas or other high-damage troops to alleviate this.
- Since they slow down the firing rate of enemy turrets effectively dropping their damage output by a percentage instead of a raw number, they are endlessly useful for supporting other troop formations like Heavy-Zooka even on bases with very high damage boosts like Gearheart or upper-level Operation bases, unlike Medics whose raw-point-value healing effect gets quickly overpowered in these situations. The Heavy-Zooka-Cryo formation is very, very effective.
- Cryoneers can also be used in the RZCM strategy, or the Rifleman-Zooka-Cryoneer-Medic strategy. This strategy uses Riflemen to tank the damage, Zookas to deal damage, Cryoneers to negate the amount of damage Riflemen take, and Medics to heal. The Cryoneers will slow down Machine Guns and Flamethrowers allowing the Riflemen to stay alive longer.
- Cryoneers have moderate health so a Cannon or Boom Cannon can take her down in one shot if it is high-leveled.
- Due to this moderate amount of health, a few salvos from a Rocket Launcher or a few shots from Mortars may also work on wiping out a few Cryoneers at once.
- Avoid clustering defenses whenever possible because this provides Cryoneers the opportunity to freeze more defenses at once.
- There are no visual changes between levels, but each upgrade increases the Cryoneer's hitpoints (by 9%), DPS (by 5%), beam extension (by about half a tile) and training cost (by 1000 gold).
- According to a Loading Screen Hint, the Cryoneer's freeze ray was developed using technology from Dr. T's Cryo Bomb.
- They are currently the fastest-firing troop. However, this only accounts for when the beam is being shot. There is an approximate 3.5 second delay in between attacks.
- The name 'Cryoneer' may be a pun of 'Cryo' (the Greek prefix for "cold") and either 'Engineer' or 'Pioneer'.
- The Cryoneer has dozens of catchphrases which can be viewed by tapping her info button in the Armory or Landing Craft. She is also the only troop to have multiple catchphrases. Almost every single one of these is either a reference, a pun, or both. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- "Ice. Ice. Baby"
- "Allow Me To Break The Ice"
- "All The Cool Kids Are Doing It"
- "Don't Need Hot Pants To Look Cool"
- "I'm A Special Snowflake"
- "Let It Snow"
- "Winter is Coming"
- "Let It Go"
- "Science is Cool!"
- "Humble Pie Served Cold"
- "I'm A Stone Cold Freezer"
- "My Game Froze!"
- "Cool It, Hot Stuff"
- "Snowblinded Me With Science"
- "Cool Party!"
- "Iceberg Right Ahead"
- "Cold Spell Coming"
- "The Ice Age Is Coming"
- "Feel The Chill"
- "Polar Express to Freezeville"
- "Take A Chill Pill"
- "Frostbite Me"
- "Feeling Warm, Punk?"
- "It's Getting Cold In Here"
- "Ice To Meet You"
- "Get the Cold Shoulder"
- "Need Some Frosting?"
- "Be Ice Now Kids!"
- "Stay Frosty!"
- "Cool It, Buster!"
||Headquarters Level Required|
Moderate / 250
|Medium / 6 Tiles||12 freezing pulses every 0.075s then 2s reload||1 Tile||50%||5s||20|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.