- The Cryoneer is unlocked at Headquarters level 20, making it the ninth troop to unlock, and currently the last one to be unlocked.
- It shoots Freeze Beams from a moderate range with a beam-rake effect similar to a Lazor Beam, slowing any defenses and troops that come in its way, also dealing low damage to buildings.
- They do not deal damage to troops.
- The firing rate of frozen enemy turrets is reduced by 50%.
- Unlike other area-of-effect troops such as the Grenadier their weapons do not trigger Mines.
- Cryoneers will spread themselves out to cover as many targets as possible, and they will periodically switch targets in battle.
- Due to their low damage per second, they are not recommended to be used alone. Combine them with Zookas or other high-damage troops to alleviate this.
- Since they slow down the firing rate of enemy turrets effectively dropping their damage output by a percentage instead of a raw number, they are endlessly useful for supporting other troop formations like Heavy-Zooka even on bases with very high damage boosts like Gearheart or upper-level Operation bases, unlike Medics whose raw-point-value healing effect gets quickly overpowered in these situations. The Heavy-Zooka-Cryo formation is very, very effective.
- Cryoneers have moderate health so a Cannon or Boom Cannon can take her down in one shot if it is high-leveled.
- Due to this moderate amount of health, a few salvos from a Rocket Launcher or a few shots from Mortars may also work on wiping out a few Cryoneers at once.
- Avoid clustering defenses whenever possible because this provides Cryoneers the opportunity to freeze more defenses at once.
- There are no visual changes between levels, but each upgrade increases the Cryoneer's hitpoints (by 9%), DPS (by 5%), range (by about half a tile) and training cost (by 1000 gold).
- According to a Loading Screen Hint, the Cryoneer's freeze ray was developed using technology from Dr. T's Cryo Bomb.
- They are currently the fastest-firing troop. However, this only accounts for when the beam is being shot. There is an approximate 3.5 second delay in between attacks.
- The name 'Cryoneer' may be a pun of 'Cryo' (the Greek prefix for "cold") and either 'Engineer' or 'Pioneer'.
- The Cryoneer has dozens of catchphrases which can be viewed by tapping her info button in the Armory or Landing Craft. Almost every single one of these is either a reference, a pun, or both. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- "Ice. Ice. Baby"
- "Allow Me To Break The Ice"
- "All The Cool Kids Are Doing It"
- "Don't Need Hot Pants To Look Cool"
- "I'm A Special Snowflake"
- "Let It Snow"
- "Winter is Coming"
- "Let It Go"
- "Science is Cool!"
- "Humble Pie Served Cold"
- "I'm A Stone Cold Freezer"
- "My Game Froze!"
- "Cool It, Hot Stuff"
- "Snowblinded Me With Science"
- "Cool Party!"
- "Iceberg Right Ahead"
- "Cold Spell Coming"
- "The Ice Age Is Coming"
- "Feel The Chill"
- "Polar Express to Freezeville"
- "Take A Chill Pill"
- "Frostbite Me"
- "Feeling Warm, Punk?"
- "It's Getting Cold In Here"
- "Ice To Meet You"
- "Get the Cold Shoulder"
- "Need Some Frosting?"
- "Be Ice Now Kids!"
- "Stay Frosty!"
- "Cool It, Buster!"
- The Cryoneer is the most expensive troop to fill up a fully upgraded set of Landing Craft (672,000 gold for maximum level Cryoneers; maximum level Grenadiers' 608,000 is a close second).
- The Cryoneer is the only troop to have multiple catchphrases.
|Unit Size||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Range||Attack Speed||Splash Radius||Speed Reduction||Freeze Duration||Headquarters Level Required|
|4||8m||Moderate / 250||Medium / 6 Tiles||12 freezing pulses every 0.075s then 2s reload||1 Tile||50%||5s||20|