|Young Mangrove||Mangrove Tree||Old Mangrove||Sturdy Mangrove||Ancient Mangrove||Mangrove Thicket||Mangrove Grove|
|Young Pine||Pine Tree||Old Pine||Sturdy Pine||Ancient Pine||Pine Thicket||Pine Grove|
- Obstacles are the rocks and trees in your base and can be removed for Stone or Wood.
- All Obstacles cost Gold to clear.
- Obstacles in Resource Bases can also be cleared, either by you (when you control the base) or by your opponent (when he/she controls the base).
- Some Obstacles can only be removed after reaching a minimum Headquarters level.
- Different types of obstacles produce different amounts of Resources when cleared. The greater the amount, the greater the Gold cost.
- The greater the amount of Gold an obstacle costs to remove, the less Resources you will get per Gold. Basically, the cheapest obstacles give you the best value.
- Obstacles do not respawn on Resource Bases, but trees will respawn randomly on your home base.
- Every 13 hours, there is a 40% chance that a new tree will spawn on your home base.
- Only the types of trees that you can currently clear have a chance to respawn. For example, the Mangrove Grove won't respawn if your HQ is at level 12 or below.
- Stones and Boulders do not respawn once cleared.
- The maximum amount of trees that you can have on your home base is 60.
- Frosted Pine Trees will appear on your base during the winter season.
- When a Defensive Building is placed behind a tree, the tree will become translucent. However, non-defensive buildings will not cause a tree to become translucent.
- Troops or a Flare going behind a tree will cause it to become translucent as well.
- Hiding non-defensive buildings behind trees may be a good idea because attackers may not notice them or destroy them which prevents them from getting Gunboat energy.
- Leaving a Mangrove Grove or Mangrove Thicket on your home base and your Resource Bases can be a good idea, as you can hide your Headquarters or Outpost behind them, and if your enemies can't see your Headquarters they may not attack you!
- Note that if your base appears to an attacker as an ice island, the trees will be much less effective at hiding structures. There is currently no way to tell if you have appeared as an ice island, however.
- Frosted Pine Trees are beneficial when attacking since they are very small in size. This makes it much easier to spot defenses around the base.
- There are obstacles that return Wood and Stone, but none for Gold nor Iron.
- Defenses can still fire through obstacles. They do not provide coverage.
- Stones and Boulders do not grow back once removed.
- Trees nearby an Artillery/Barrage impact zone or the firing spot of a Tank appear to shake and shed leaves. If it is a pine tree, snow appears to fall off.
- There's an achievement which is called Harness Nature that gives a total of 60 gems upon removing a total of 100 Obstacles.