- The Rain Maker is a Prototroop that fires a salvo of shells at enemy buildings from a very long range. Each shell explodes into shrapnel, dealing further damage, and are capable of triggering Mines, Boom Mines, and Shock Mines.
- The Rain Maker is unlocked for players who have an Armory level of 13 or above and starts 1 level below the Armory level. It can be upgraded using Proto Tokens gained from events.
- A Rain Maker costs 6 Gunboat Energy to deploy.
- The Rain Maker appears similar to a Tank, except having a golden Mortar-like barrel in place of its cannon.
- You can use the Rain Maker to outrange many defenses, including the Boom Cannon. This makes the Rain Maker ideal for dealing consistent damage over long range.
- The Rain Maker's shells can trigger Mines around their impact area, which is useful for advancement later in the battle. However the shells can also damage friendly troops, so be careful!
- If positioned correctly, the only normal defenses able to hit the Rain Maker are the Rocket Launcher and Shock Launcher. This means that use of Medics can be helpful to mitigate damage.
- Due to its vulnerability to the Shock Launcher, it is best to destroy Shock Launchers with the Gunboat before attacking with Rain Makers.
- As mentioned above, Shock Launchers are an effective defense against the Rain Maker. Additionally, Shock Blasters, Doom Cannons and Grapplers are also effective since they are capable of reaching the Rain Maker. The Lazor Beam can slowly do chip damage as well.
- Take care to spread out buildings as the Rain Maker's shells and shrapnel are capable of damaging buildings near its intended target.
- Having a beach base (a base where defensive buildings cover the beach) can prove useful against Rain Makers. Unless they have sufficient Gunboat Energy to flank, the Rain Maker will be unable to fully utilise its range advantage upon landing at the beach.
- The March 2020 Update added some Prototroops to the game and standardized existing Prototroops to fit the Proto Token upgrade system.
|Unit Size||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Range||Attack Speed||Shrapnel Count|
|14||24m||Slow / 150||Very Long / 17 Tiles||0.2s between shots in salvo; 10s between salvos of 4||5|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.