- The Shock Bomb is the 4th weapon unlocked for the Gunboat. It is unlocked at Headquarters level 7.
- Upon hit, it stuns all troops and defensive buildings in its AOE. For its entire duration, the disabled targets can't do anything. It does not affect mines.
- Stun effects from Shock Bomb wear off individually, and multiple simultaneous shock effects do not stack.
- Shock Bombs are best used for stopping strong defenses which depends on your troop composition.
- For example, using a Shock Bomb on Boom Cannons, Sniper Towers or Cannons when your army consists of Heavies or Tanks is beneficial. Another example would be deploying Shock Bombs on Rocket Launchers or Flamethrowers when using Riflemen as both of these defenses deal decent damage to them.
- When attacking a Hammerman HQ with a Super Mortar, use a Shock Bomb to stop it from seriously damaging your troops.
- Using a Shock Bomb and a Flare to deal with key defenses is a good idea, because it makes sure that the shocked defense is taken out as quickly as possible so that it cannot fire upon your troops.
- Try not to hit your own troops, especially if you have a high-level Shock Bomb, as they will be stunned for the duration of the Shock Bomb.
- In Smokey Zooka attacks on Operations, it is sometimes beneficial to use a Shock Bomb on Pvt. Bullit (or a Scorcher) to allow your Zookas to be placed in a desirable location relative to these high health units. This is most useful when there are a large mass of defenses, especially Rocket Launchers, that cannot all be shocked conventionally without a boatload of Gunboat Energy.
- A Shock Bomb is much less effective if it only hits a single structure, so keeping key Defensive Buildings spaced well apart will reduce the threat of Shock Bombs.
- The Shock Bomb has a radius of 3.2 tiles. Therefore, if 2 Buildings are at least 7 tiles apart, a single shock bomb cannot stun them both.
- Placing Flamethrowers and/or Shock Launchers between the border of the island and the Headquarters is a good idea, because players that attack with Warriors that Flare directly to the HQ (or Outpost) will not be able to easily disable the defenses.
- There are no visual differences between upgrades. However, the duration of the effect increases by one second each time the Shock Bomb is upgraded.
- Shock Bombs are very similar to EMPs (ElectroMagnetic Pulses), devices which inflict no physical damage to combatants but otherwise severely cripple electrical systems, which is reflected in its ability to disable defenses.
- However, for some reason, it also stuns all allied units.
|Number of Shots||Energy Cost
||Cumulative Energy Cost|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.