This guide is to help new Discussion Moderators, present and future, to become acquainted with their new rank and abilities.
What does it mean to be a Discussion Moderator?
Discussion Moderator is a rank that is typically given to Rollbacks. Being promoted to Rollback and Discussion Moderator means that you have been recognized as a helpful and trustworthy user and are ready to be given some extra tools to help manage the wiki.
What can I do now that I am a Discussion Moderator?
- Close, reopen, remove, and restore threads
- Remove and restore replies
- Highlight and un-highlight threads
- Move threads between boards
- Manage boards (editing names, descriptions and order)
- Delete and edit other people's article comments
- Kick and ban users in the wiki's Live Chat
Discussion Moderators should use their tools to enforce thread related rules such as the following:
- No post or comment should contain inappropriate content, profanity, bullying, or scams. Any offending posts/comments should be removed.
- A Task Force should not have more than one thread about them. Any threads about a Task Force that already has another thread should be removed.
- Threads should be posted on the correct Board. Any threads on the wrong board should be moved.
Discussion Moderators/Rollbacks should not have to worry about highlighting/unhighlighting or managing boards. If a change to either of these things is needed, it should be discussed with an admin or bureaucrat.
Being a Rollback
If you are a Discussion Moderator, you should also be a Rollback. Click here to read about being a Rollback.